The Municipal Museum of Knives has convened the XVII Photography Contest 2017 which will be governed by the following bases:
All the people who want to participate in the competition can participate. It is accepted the sending of works by groups, although these will participate individually.
The theme of the photographs will be centered on any aspect of the knife making tradition such as the image, manufacture or use of knives, folding knives, daggers, poniards, scissors, crafts, etc.
Each participant may only submit a maximum of 5 works. All of them must be unpublished.
The maximum size for prints is 30 x 40 cm and the minimum is 18 x 24 cm. The submitted photographs should be mounted on a white rigid cardboard of 40 x 50 cm and whose thickness should not exceed 1.5 mm.
The submitted photographs will be accompanied by two envelopes:
- Envelope 1: in its exterior it will carry an identifying motto, the same as in the back of the photographs. This envelope must be closed and it will include the data of the photographer or group: name, address, telephone number, email address and a photocopy of the ID in case of individual person.
- Envelope 2: this envelope will be opened and it will contain the tittle of the work or works, the place where the photographs were taken, the technical data of the photos, if you choose the “Young Author” award and those other details that the author considers of interest.
The photographs will be hand delivered to the Museum in the morning, from Tuesday to Sunday (from 10 am to 2 pm) and in the afternoons, from Tuesday to Saturday (from 5.30 to 8 pm), or will be sent to the Albacete Municipal Museum of Knives and Cutting Tools, Plaza de la Mancha, s/n, 02001 Albacete.
7.- Entry period
The period of admission of works will begin on September 5, 2017 and will conclude on October 7 of the same year.
The following prizes will be awarded in the competition:
- First prize of 1,500 € for the "Best Collection" (between 3 and 5 photographs).
- Three second prizes of 295 € to individual photographs.
- A prize of 295 € for the category of "Young Author".
For those who want to participate in the category "Young Author", the upper age limit is 30 years old, and they must indicate this information in the envelope number 2. To opt for the "Young Author" Prize does not imply renouncing the other prizes.
All prizes will be subject to withholdings tax as determined by current legislation. For the tax purposes, a certificate for the amount of the prizes and the relevant deductions will be issued in due course.
The jury will be composed of five people related to the field of photography and culture. A representative of the Albacete Municipal Museum of Knives will act as secretary, with voice but without vote.
10. Jury’s decision
This ruling will not be open to appeal and the awards could not be declared void.
After jury's decision winners have to deliver the winning photos to Museum in digital format.
All the winning photographs and the second prizes will become property of the Albacete Municipal Museum of Knives and Cutting Tools, that could make use of them, always citing the name of the author.
With the winning photographs and other works selected by the jury, the Museum will hold an exhibition in the temporary exhibition room, located in Plaza de la Catedral s/n, Albacete, which will be announced well in advance.
13. Return of works
The works received by agency, mail or in person will be returned to their authors, individually or collectively, according to the way of sending. In relation to the works selected for the exhibition, a one-month deadline is established for picking up or sending the works after the closure of the exhibition which will be announced in due course.
14. Any work that does not meet the requirements will be automatically excluded from competition.
15. The fact of participating implies the total acceptance of the bases.
The personal data requested together with the originals presented to this contest will be incorporated into the database of the Municipal Museum of Knives in order to carry out those actions derived from the participation in the contest. For the exercise of the rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition, the participants may write to that entity, at the address located in Plaza de la Catedral s/n, 02001, Albacete, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.